The People of Vietnam


Trapaising through Vietnam and Laos a few weeks ago - this was my big trip of the year - I decided to step up my photography game. That is, to take photos of people and try to capture the spirit of many of the local cultures that I encountered. Sure, I ended up with plenty of scenic shots, but it was much more rewarding to do the same with individuals. 

What is really remarkable about taking shots like these is that each hides a story. How did each of these people find them in the same place as me? Where were they going afterwards? In the big picture, it is amazing that our paths crossed at that place and time. If I had decided to sleep in, or if they had taken a different route to the market, we may never have met at all. This makes life special - they ability to share time together, knowing how fleeting such encounters can be. 


Hanoi, Vietnam
Hue, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Hoi An, Vietnam
Hue, Vietnam
Hoi An, Vietnam
Phong Nha, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Phong Nha, Vietnam
Hue, Vietnam

Comments