Mr. Kramer Goes to Washington


My travels have taken me back stateside for the next few days, with the first stop in Washington, DC. I spend most of the time on official business, but I awoke early to stroll about the National Mall and capture some of the classic icons of DC.

There is a very distinct vibe exuded by DC. Though often belittled by their NYC counterparts, the District provides a refreshing take on city life. In my short stay (2 days), I found that DC is less frenetic than New York and less space-age than Singapore, but certainly still a cultural and social hub that attracts people from throughout the world to live and work here.

There are also plenty of lingual differences, beginning with public transportation. While Singapore has their wonderfully efficient MRT and New York has the subway, DC has the metro. The peculiar "Warshington" accent also contributes to the identity of the city.

I'll be doing a full blown "destination" post later this week, but here's a little flavor of the DC life I experienced:








And for literal flavors:
Georgetown Cupcake!
From top left, clockwise: Mocha, Rudolph Red Velvet, Chocolate Ganache, White Chocolate Peppermint, Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl, Gingerbread
Sushi from Nooshi

Comments