I made it to Singapore!


Hello! I have finally arrived and settled down in Singapore (as you can tell by my very touristy photo above).


Apologies to anyone who was checking this the past few weeks, things got awfully busy with Camp Kesem (which was an incredible week) and then the move halfway around the world. But I will be making a big effort to regularly post for the next 9 or so months.


My research has already begun at the National University of Singapore (NUS), where I am studying dengue virus. The lab is a fantastic group of people, and the facilities are top notch. We are also collaborating with Duke-NUS graduate medical school on this project, so I will be over there for the next month or so, doing cell cultures and growing some virus. 



It has been pretty busy, as I've jumped into the project with both feet. Because of that, I haven't really gotten a chance to go to all the typical tourist spots and get good pictures, so that is next on my checklist. Here is a pic I took on my first day of a street in Chinatown - we live 5 minutes away, which is great if we ever have late night cravings for some dumplings.

Anywho, just thought I would re-start this blog (although I guess the posts from the summer shouldn't really count, since I hadn't shipped off to Singapore yet). Be ready for some travel, cultural, foodie, religious, you-name-it posts.

PK

Comments